The café space is the largest and most popular of our spaces (capacity 100), complete with tables, chairs, lounges, stage and a small library. The space also includes a café and kitchenette with tea, coffee, cleaning and some food preparation facilities (see below for full details).
The training room or board room is a smaller carpeted space (capacity 50), with access to chairs, tables and other equipment described below.
The gallery room is a small space for art exhibitions and installments. Contact us via the booking inquiry form if you’re interested in using the space for an exhibition.
The office space has a small number hot desks available on request. Wifi internet, printing and a small amount of file storage is available.
Common Goods Bulk Goods Store
Common Goods is your community run not-for-profit ethical food store. This space is exclusively used for Common Goods and is not available for use by groups. The purpose of Common Goods is to:
- provide affordable ethical goods;
- support local and organic agriculture; and
- minimise packaging by selling in bulk.
The following equipment is available at no extra cost:
- Projector and screen (see note below)
- Set top box
- DVD player
- Powered Speakers
- Microphones, leads, DIs and stands (all live on the stage, leads in suitcase)
- Several P.A.s
Please note: to be on the safe side safe, BYO cables for computer – projector (s-video or VGA) and computer – sound (1/8th inch jack to 1/4 inch jack or aux cable/guitar lead with relevant adaptor, for use with Yamaha powered speakers) these cables exist at the Commons however they don’t always get returned to their correct position.
Cafe / Kitchenette Facilities
- Coffee Machine (please ensure you have attended a volunteer induction before use, follow procedures and ask before event)
- Commercial Dishwasher (please ensure you have attended a volunteer induction before use, follow procedures and ask before event)
- Cleaning and food prep. area
- Microwave but no oven/cooktop
- Cups, plates, glasses, teapots, cutlery etc. (please note: all must be washed and returned after use)
- Instant tea and coffee and urn (available for use for any event, go for it!)